Berikut adalah artikel yg gue copy-paste dari situs http://www.babycenter.com. I totally agree with some of them, disagree with few of them, and get confused with one or two of them. Enjoy!
What changes when you have a baby? A better question may be: What doesn’t change? Here, writer and mom Rebecca Woolf lists her most notable post-baby observations. Then scroll down to read our favorite comments from readers about how their babies changed their lives.
1. You finally stop to smell the roses, because your baby is in your arms.
– Maksudnya mau ngajarin anak ttg mawar gitu? *bingung*
2. Where you once believed you were fearless, you now find yourself afraid. [See a reader’s perspective in #22, below.]
– Ini beneeeerrr banget! Gue sekarang freak dan parno-an banget, takut ada apa2 yg jelek terjadi sm anak gue
3. The sacrifices you thought you made to have a child no longer seem like sacrifices.
– Yes, it’s very true
4. You respect your body … finally.
– Hahaha.. Kagum bgt emang sm perut yg bisa melendung gedee banget, trus skrg, meski blm rata sih, tapi udah jauuh lbh kempes dibanding dulu
5. You respect your parents and love them in a new way.
– So very true!
6. You find that your baby’s pain feels much worse than your own.
– Banget! makanya gue ngerti kenapa banyak ortu yg berubah jadi parno dan overprotective thd anak mereka
7. You believe once again in the things you believed in as a child.
– Hmm.. Not really..
8. You lose touch with the people in your life whom you should have banished years ago.
– Ember! Skrg nih, kalo emang gak perlu-perlu banget atau gak akrab-akrab banget, gue males deh ber-keep in touch or ketemuan sm orang-orang. Mending ngekepin anak gue di rumah, atau belajar bikin kue deh. Padahal dulu mah, biar gak akrab atau nyebelin, tapi demi menjalin silaturahmi, tetep dijabanin ikut acara ketemuan bla-bla-bla
9. Your heart breaks much more easily.
– Totally agree! Gue bisa lho tiba2 mewek cuma ngebayangin something bad happen to my baby, eventhough I’m in the middle of a party
10. You think of someone else 234,836,178,976 times a day.
– If that someone else is my baby, the answer is definitely!
11. Every day is a surprise.
12. Bodily functions are no longer repulsive. In fact, they please you. (Hooray for poop!)
– Hahaha.. Ya iya lah. Kalo Nadira gak poop seharian, gue malah pening
13. You look at your baby in the mirror instead of yourself.
– Hihihihi… Koq tau sih?
14. You become a morning person.
– Embeerr.. Secara Nadira kalo bangun tidur itu jam 5 subuh. Dan gak mau tidur lagi meski disogok pake nenen. Hilang sudah hari-hariku bisa bangun siang
15. Your love becomes limitless, a superhuman power.
– Can’t agree more!
And from our readers…
1. “You discover how much there is to say about one tooth.” — Ashley’s mom
– Hahaha.. Gak usah gigi, masalah rambut atau poop aja bisa dibahas puanjaanng. Maklum emak2 norak :-p
2. “You finally realize that true joy doesn’t come from material wealth.” — Anonymous
– Ah masa sih? Gue agak setuju sama pernyataan ini krn kehadiran anak emang bring so much joy. But still I oftenly wish for more money, so that I would be able to live happier, with my baby of course😉
3. “You now know where the sun comes from.” — Charlotte
– Ah dari dulu saya juga tahu koq. Pelajaran IPA kamu nilainya D minus ya? :-p
4. “You’d rather buy a plastic tricycle than those shoes that you’ve been dying to have.” — Sophie’s mom
– Betchuuull! Or in my case, I’d rather spend my money on those cute tiny dresses/clothes/shoes than buy the must-have clothes/makeups/shoes for myself.
5. “You realize that although sticky, lollipops have magical powers.” — Roxanne
– Belum tahu krn Nadira blm pernah dikasih permen lollypop
6. “You don’t mind going to bed at 9 p.m. on Friday night.” — Kellye
– Hahahaha.. Geezzz, this is so true! Padahal dulu pas masih jomblo, Friday night jam 9 itu mah jadwalnya ikk ajep-ajep yaaooww😀
7. “Silence? What’s that?” — Anonymous
– Huehehe.. Gak segitunya sih, secara anak gue lumayan anteng.
8. “You realize that the 15 pounds you can’t seem to get rid of are totally worth having.” — Brenda
– Yes, it’s true. Tapii.. Boleh gak sih ini sisaan baby fat-nya ilang cepet2? Aku lelah bertubuh gemuukkk..😦
9. “You discover an inner strength you never thought you had.” — Ronin and Brookie’s mom
– Yup, agree!
10. “You no longer rely on a clock — your baby now sets your schedule.” — Thomas’ mom
– When I was still single, the only accesory I put on everyday was my watch. Sekarang, boro-boro dah. KOleksi jam tangan gue aja entah pada kemana tau tuh
11. “You give parents with a screaming child an ‘I-know-the-feeling’ look instead of a ‘Can’t-they-shut-him-up?’ one.” — Jaidyn’s mom
12. “Your dog — who used to be your ‘baby’ — becomes just a dog.” — Kara
– Gak tau, gak punya anjing or other pets siih..
13. “You take the time for one more hug and kiss even if it means you’ll be late.” — Tracey
– Benerrr banget! Duh jadi sedih nih, ntar malem mau liputan sampe malem😦
14. “You learn that taking a shower is a luxury.” — Jayden’s mom
– Embweerr! Makanya, boro2 nyalon, mandi yg lama aja susyeh.
15. “You realize that you can love a complete stranger.” — Dezarae’s mom
– Ah gak juga aahh..
16. You find yourself wanting to make this world a better place. — Arizona
17. If you didn’t believe in love at first sight before, now you do! — Ciara
– Yes, for my baby only lah yaow.
18. You start to appreciate Sesame Street for its intellectual contribution. — Anon.
– Betul! Juga Unyil, Upin Ipin, dkk
19. You have to quit watching the news because you see every story from a mother’s perspective and it breaks your heart. — Brooke&Boys
– How can I not agree with this statement? But I still have to watch the news, even the crime ones, for the sake of my job, even if I have to cry after that
20. You just plain love life more – everything comes together and becomes better because of one tiny person and your love for them. — Anon.
21. You finally find out the real reason you have those breasts. — Anon.
– Hahahaha.. Masa siihhh??
22. In response to #2 [above], I’d say that where you were once afraid, you’re now fearless. I was always very timid and shy and let myself get walked all over … but now where my kid’s concerned, I’ll speak my mind and really connect with my inner “b”! — gummismom
– You go girl!
23. The support you get from other people surprises you, because the people giving it are not always the ones you’d expect. — japanese_macaque
– Bangeett! Apalagi kalo lo aktif di milis2, dan sering sharing mommyhood things di FB/MP. Thank you girlfriends for your help! *hugs*
24. Nothing is just yours any longer. You share EVERYTHING! — DylanLsMom
25. No matter what you’ve accomplished in life, you look at your child and think, “I’ve done a GREAT job!” — Anon.
– Hahahaha.. Itu mah narsis.com yak? :-p
26. You want to take better care of yourself for your child. — Treasor
– Banget! Kalo sakit, harus buru2 sembuh supaya bisa ngurus Nadira dgn lbh baik lagi
27. You can have the most wonderful conversation using only vowel sounds like “ahhh” and “oooo.” — littlehulk2008